Effective Mar 2nd 2020
Buildforce Services, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Buildforce”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting individuals’ information.
Please review this Policy carefully to understand our practices and treatment of information. If this Policy is unacceptable to you or if you do not agree with our information policies or practices, you may choose not to visit or use this website or any services offered through this website.
This Policy applies to information that we collect through (1) our public website, buildforce.com, and any of our other websites that provide a link to this Policy, including all of our products and services provided through those websites (collectively, the “Site”), and (2) our Application (the “App”), in each case, from you as an individual user (“you”) of the Site and/or App. The Site and App are, together, the “Services.”
This Policy does not apply to information collected by other means, including information collected by websites, content or applications of third parties, including any that may be linked to or accessible from or on the Services. Some of the products and services we provide may refer you to third party apps or websites, or we may refer you to a third party website if you request certain products or services. However, this Policy does not apply to any information collected by those third party apps or web sites, regardless of whether we refer or direct you to those apps or websites. Our apps have their own privacy policies and disclosures, as should third-party apps and websites, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect and maintain personal information so we can provide you with the Services. The types and categories of information we collect about you might include, for example:
Information You Provide to Us. If you communicate with us through the Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, email address, phone number, employer or organization, professional role, social security number or similar information. For example, if you request information from us, create an account or request our products or services, we may ask you to provide certain information such as the foregoing examples. In these cases, you will know what information is collected through the Services because you will provide that information to us.
Information We Collect About Your Transactions. When you use or access the Services, we may collect information about your use of those Services to provide products and services to you. We may also collect information about your experience with us and/or the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically. As part of the standard operation of the Site, we automatically collect information from your computer or device, such as IP address, domain name (that you visited from www.company.com, for example), referral or exit data (the last website that you visited before visiting the Site and the next website you visit afterwards, respectively), as well as browser and platform type (a Google browser or an Apple platform, for example). We also collect information about how you use the Site, such as the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on the Site, how often you visit the Site, the areas or pages that you spend the most time on, and other click-stream data. Information collected automatically is generally statistical data and generally does not identify you personally.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site and what pages users visited prior to visiting the Site. We use this information to maintain and improve the Site. The information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google, and that information will be subject to Google’s privacy policies (available at http://policies.google.com/privacy). You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and learn more at Your Choices below.
In addition, with the assistance of our third-party partners and service providers, we may use technologies such as web beacons, tags, Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect or use information about visitors to the Site and their actions on the Site. For information about opting out of or managing the collection or use of such information, please see Your Choices below.
The Site does not respond to “do-not-track” requests or similar browser settings.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information that we collect, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To present and provide the Services and their contents to you.
- To provide any information, products, or services that you may request from us or access through the Services, including services for your account with us.
- To maintain and improve our content or any of our products or services, for example by analyzing information about how the Services are used to identify pages, features and topics of interest.
- To respond to your questions or requests for information, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us through the Services.
- To provide you with information about any of our services, updates, editorial content, industry education, invitations to upcoming events, and similar information.
- To better understand how visitors use the Site and the performance of the Site, including measuring and monitoring user traffic and using aggregate statistical analysis, which informs future enhancements and changes to the Site, or by combining information collected through the Site with information about our customers collected by other means.
- For any other purpose that we describe at the time we collect your information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In addition to these uses, we may combine information about you that is collected through the Services with information about you which is collected from third parties with respect to your account, such as trade confirmations from brokerage firms, financial account information for aggregation purposes, bank statements, transaction details or information from other financial services providers.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregate statistical information about visitors to the Site, which does not identify individual users, without restrictions.
Personal information about you, that you provide or that we collect as described in this Policy, may be disclosed to third parties as follows:
- To deliver any information, products, or services to you that you request, or otherwise to fulfill a contractual obligation to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties such as potential employers and employees (as applicable) in connection with your use of the Services. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as necessary to verify, submit and complete transactions that you request, such as connecting with potential employers and employees (as applicable).
- To contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we engage to support our business, such as technology consultants who assist us in maintaining or operating our computer and duplicating systems, who are bound by confidentiality obligations and may use such personal information only on our behalf.
- With your consent.
- As otherwise described in this Policy.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- As required by law, court order or legal process, including in response to a subpoena or a request from a government agency, or to cooperate with law enforcement investigations.
- To enforce our contractual rights, take precautions against liability, investigate suspected or actual illegal activities, or to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including, but not limited to, as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of the Site is among the assets transferred.
- When we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, our customers, or others.
Whenever we disclose personal information to a third party, we seek to minimize the disclosure to only information that is necessary for the purpose of that disclosure.
How Long We Hold Your Information
We will hold information about you that is collected through the Services for as long as needed to fulfill the reason we collected your information or to provide our services to you. We may also continue to maintain information about you for our internal business purposes.
We may also retain personal information about you for a reasonable time for backup, archival, reactivation or audit purposes, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. If you have any questions about how long we may keep personal information about you, please contact us as described at Contact Us below.
International Transfers of Personal Information
For the purposes described in this Policy, we may transfer information across borders, including from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, where applicable laws may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. In those cases, we take steps to ensure that information will be provided the same level of protection in the recipient country or jurisdiction.
By visiting the Site or using the Services, you hereby consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries where applicable laws may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, including, without limitation, the United States, in accordance with this Policy.
Accessing and Requesting Changes to Your Information
If you have registered an account with us, you can review and change certain personal information, such as your phone number and email, on your account profile page.
You may also contact us as described below at Contact Us to make a request to access, correct, update, or delete personal information about you that we may hold. In responding to your request, we may request information from you and use information previously collected to verify your identity, or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
In some cases, we will not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
Please understand that we may not be able to alter or delete your personal information if we are required under applicable law to maintain that information. We are also not obligated to comply with requests that are unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or with requests that would interfere with the rights of another individual. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee to fulfill your request.
You have certain choices about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. Although you may not be able opt out of all collection or use of personal information and still use the Services, you can take steps to limit or control how your personal information is collected, used and shared.
Emails. To opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
Cookies. You can control or delete cookies, or otherwise manage cookies, through your browser or device settings. For more details, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org or https://www.aboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, that you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the Site or our services if you choose to reject cookies.
We take reasonable steps and follow generally accepted industry data practices to protect personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, there is no completely secure or error-free method of data transmission over the Internet, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
If you believe that we may have collected any personal information from a child under 13, please inform us by contacting us as described at Contact Us below.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments, complaints, or suggestions regarding this Policy or our information practices. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by postal mail at:
3737 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77098